2022 Spring Competitive Travel Program Information
The Middletown Youth Soccer Club Spring Competitive Soccer Program offers a place for U8-U19 players to test their skills and represent MYSC participating in the Rhode Island Youth SuperLiga and other tournaments sanctioned by Soccer Rhode Island. This program requires a higher level of commitment from players AND PARENTS than the Fall Recreational and Fall Travel Programs, as the goal is to develop increased player skill levels and higher levels of competitive team play.
What is Spring Competitive Soccer?
* MYSC Spring Travel soccer teams compete in the Rhode Island
Youth SuperLiga, which is a statewide league comprised of teams ranging from
the U8 through U19 age groups.
* Each team will be scheduled to play either a 7 or 8 game schedule, comprised of home or away games that will be scheduled on weekends between roughly mid-April and June.
* Teams start practicing indoor in January at the Boys & Girls Club in Newport. Sometime in March when the weather gets warmer and the fields are in good shape, practice moves outdoor.
2022 Player Registration: players register here2022 Coach Registration: coaches register here
*MYSC started using a new Got Sport database last year for the 2021 Spring season. Your old Got Soccer accounts are no longer valid. If you played Spring last year or if you are currently playing Fall soccer, you will already have an account in Got Sport; otherwise, you will have to create a new account at Got Sport.
* Please be sure to review all of your contact information as this will be used to communicate team placement.
Player Registration: $130.00 includes $30 membership at the Boys & Girls Club
Family Discount: If three or more family members register for Spring Competitive Soccer, the third player will receive a $50 discount on the registration fees, and the fourth player will receive a $100 discount. The discount is applied automatically when you use your family account, the use of a coupons is not required.
Refunds: Absolutely NO refunds will be given AFTER TEAM FORMATIONS
HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
However, if a player is not assigned to a team, MYSC will refund the full Registration fee.
Additional Anticipated Costs
In addition to the registration fee, there
are two additional anticipated costs that are NOT included with player
* Uniforms: Uniforms can be purchased from the Gob Shop in Warren, RI.
* Equipment: Players are required to wear some sort of soccer cleat/athletic sneaker and shin guards. NO FOOTBALL/BASEBALL style cleats are permitted.
Try-Outs and Team Formation
* Try-outs will be held at Wyatt Field. All players must be registered by 9:00am on the day of their designated age group try-outs or they will not be allowed to participate.
Sunday, Oct 31st
12:00pm - 1:30pm U10
1:30pm - 3:00pm U8
1:30pm - 3:00pm U12
Saturday, Nov 6th
10:00am - 11:30pm U14
12:00pm Make-up for U8, U10 & U12
Sunday, Nov 7th
Rain Date (if necessary)
Thursday, Nov 11th
10:00am - 12:00pm U16 & U19
Team formation and announcements will follow using the contact information entered in each player’s registration.
* The MYSC Competitive Coordinator and Club President will have final say on team formation. Players will be notified of team placement by e-mail using the e-mail address submitted during registration.
Any player requesting to “play-up” to an older age group must e-mail an explanation for their request to play-up to Mr. Walt Wildemann, MYSC President at email@example.com.
All requests will be reviewed; however there is no guarantee requests will be approved.